On George Floyd death
Minneapolis: The city of Minneapolis on Friday agreed to pay USD 27 million to settle a civil lawsuit from George Floyd’s family over the Black man’s death in police custody, even as jury selection continued in a former officer’s murder trial.
The Minneapolis City Council emerged from closed session to announce the record settlement, which includes USD 500,000 for the neighborhood where Floyd was arrested. Floyd family attorney Ben Crump called a news conference for 1 p.m. that was to include family members.
Crump, in a prepared statement, said it was the largest pretrial civil rights settlement ever, and “sends a powerful message that Black lives do matter and police brutality against people of colour must end.”
See the full details on this URL “https://www.firstpost.com/world/george-floyd-death-minneapolis-authorities-to-pay-family-27-million-to-settle-lawsuit-9412391.html“
Things to know about George Floyd Death
- George Perry Floyd Jr. was born on October 14, 1973 and killed during an arrest after (died on May 25, 2020).
- He is was an African American man.
- Earlier before he was killed, a
- Store clerk has accused him of passing a counterfeit $20 bill in Minneapolis. The lead to his unfortunate death during arrest.
- Derek Chauvin is one of the four police officers who arrived on the scene and knelt on Floyd’s neck for a period initially reported to be 8 minutes and 46 seconds
- After his death, protests against police brutality, especially toward Black people, quickly spread across the United States and internationally.
- Minneapolis authorities agrees to pay family of George Floyd $27 million to settle lawsuit
Is this article helpful?
Meanwhile, do remember to share your opinion in the comment box below
And also don’t forget to share this article on your social media platform…
All rights reserved.
This material and other digital content on this website may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from whiteniche.com