The Jim Ovia Scholarship is a scholarship program founded by Jim Ovia, a Nigerian businessman and philanthropist. The scholarship is aimed at providing financial assistance to outstanding Nigerian students who are pursuing undergraduate and graduate studies in any field of study at universities and colleges in Nigeria and abroad.
The scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and living expenses for the duration of the program, and it is open to students who have gained admission into a recognized university or college in Nigeria or abroad. Applicants must have a minimum of a second-class upper division or its equivalent, and they must demonstrate a high level of academic achievement, leadership potential, and community service.
The scholarship program has been in existence since 2010, and it has supported hundreds of Nigerian students to achieve their academic dreams. It is administered by the Jim Ovia Foundation, which is committed to promoting education, entrepreneurship, and technology in Africa.
To apply for the scholarship, interested applicants should visit the official website of the Jim Ovia Foundation and follow the instructions provided. The application period usually opens in June and closes in August of each year, and successful applicants are notified in September.
How to Apply
To apply for the Jim Ovia Scholarship, you can follow these steps:
- Visit the official website of the Jim Ovia Foundation at www.jimoviafoundation.org
- Click on the “Scholarship” tab and select “Undergraduate” or “Graduate” depending on your level of study.
- Fill out the online application form with accurate and up-to-date information.
- Attach the required documents, which may include your academic transcripts, a passport photograph, and a letter of admission into a recognized university or college.
- Submit your application before the deadline, which is usually in August of each year.
It is important to note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further screening and interviews. Therefore, it is essential to ensure that your application is complete and meets all the eligibility criteria before submitting it.