Do you wish to know all the basic nutritional components of onions and their health benefit?
If you answer is in the affirmative, then you are in the right place.
In this article, you will learn about:
- Basic Onion Nutrition
- Health Benefits of Onions etc.
Basic Onion Nutrition
100 grams of onions contains:
Calories 40 % Daily Value*
Vitamin A 0%
Vitamin C 12%
Vitamin D 0%
Vitamin B-6 5%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 4 mg 0%
Potassium 146 mg 4%
Total Carbohydrate 9 g 3%
Dietary fiber 1.7 g 6%
Sugar 4.2 g
Total Fat 0.1 g 0%
Saturated fat 0 g 0%
Polyunsaturated fat 0 g
Monounsaturated fat 0 g
Onion Nutritional Value and Health Benefits
Studies have shown that people who consume onions are likely not to suffer any of the following:
1. Diabetes: An increasing consumption of plant foods like onions decreases the risk of diabetes.
2. Heart diseases: An increasing consumption of plant foods like onions also decreases the risk of heart related diseases.
3. Cancer: This is because of the presence of fiber in onions. Fibers lower the risk of colon cancer, prostate cancer and esophageal and stomach cancer.
Furthermore, men with the highest intake of allium vegetables have the lowest risk of prostate, and esophageal and stomach cancer.
4. Depression: This is because of the presence of folate in onions. Meanwhile, homocysteine prevents blood and other nutrients from reaching the brain, while the folate prevents this chemical from building up.
5. Skin and hair diseases: This is because of the presence of vitamin C in onions. This vitamin C is needed for the building and maintenance of collagen, which provides structure to skin and hair.
6. Obesity: Plant foods such as onions also promote a healthful complexion and overall weight loss.
See Also THE HEALTH BENEFIT OF GROUNDNUTS
Is this article helpful?
Meanwhile, do remember to share your opinion in the comment box below
And also don’t forget to share this article in your social media platform…
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from WHITENICHE.COM