Transport Corporation of America, Inc. (“Transport America”) began operations in 1984. The company provides a wide range of truckload carriage and logistics services in various lengths of haul in the United States, parts of Canada and Mexico. Transport America serves as an integral part of the distribution system of many of its major customers. The principal categories of freight hauled by the company are department-store merchandise, home and office furniture, grocery, industrial, consumer, paper products, and expedited services. Transport Corporation of America, Inc. is now a TFI International Company.
Our Vision: We Deliver Excellence!
Transport America is looking for a full-time recruiter to help grow our existing driver pool. The Driver Recruiter position is based at our Birmingham, AL office. In this role, you will have an opportunity to make a significant impact on the business and the people we support by screening, interviewing, and selecting qualified candidates for open driving positions. Ideally, you will be best prepared for this role if you have a Sales and/or Recruiting background, enjoy working with people, and are not easily offended.
What does a normal day look like?
- Responsible for screening, recruiting, telephone interviewing, qualifying and selecting applicants for driver positions.
- Review driver candidate applications for job fit and compliance and conduct telephone interviews to evaluate skills for potential placement.
- Ensure positive candidate experience through customer service, timely communication; respond effectively to candidate’s needs.
- Be knowledgeable in all areas of company hiring policies and processes to be able to accurately communicate to prospective Drivers.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Escalate issues as needed.
- Apply problem solving techniques, tact and discretion when handling calls.
- Coordinate pre-employment background check and DOT drug screens, arrange for travel to orientation facility.
- Manage administration and preparation to hire and on-board driver candidates.
- Maintain strict confidentiality related to candidate data.
- Recommend process improvements to achieve superior Driver candidate experience and satisfaction.
What makes you right for the job?
- College degree preferred; high school degree or equivalent, required.
- Minimum of 2 years recruiting sales experience preferred.
- Former transportation industry experience is a plus.
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written form.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Ability to be on the phone & computer for extended periods of time.
- Proficiency in personal computer use (Word, Excel, Outlook, applicant tracking database)
- Knowledge of principles and methods of selling/recruiting; includes marketing tactics and sales techniques.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to plan, organize and accomplish work in a timely manner.
- Must be willing to learn new tasks, handle change, and work with a diverse group.
- Ability to manage confidential information appropriately.
- Must have good judgment, decision-making ability, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver high quality results.
- Independently contribute to team performance goals without compromising quality or service.
- Ability to travel on a limited basis as needed.
Why work for us?
- Fun Work Environment
- Medical, Dental, & Vision
- 401k + Company Match
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Internal Growth / Mobility
- Paid Vacation Time / PTO / Holidays
- Life Insurance
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Medical Flex Spending and Dependent Care Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
Construction Logistics and Supply Chain Transportation/Trucking/Railroad.
How To Apply
Recruiter Jobs Apply Here
Is this article helpful?
Meanwhile, do remember to share your opinion in the comment box below
And also don’t forget to share this article in your social media platform…
All rights reserved.
This material and other digital content on this website may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from whiteniche.com