In Nigeria, the Total Scholarship is a program sponsored by Total E&P Nigeria Limited, a subsidiary of Total, the global energy company. The scholarship is awarded to Nigerian students who are currently in their second year of study in Nigerian universities and are pursuing courses in the fields of engineering, geosciences, and other related disciplines.
The Total Scholarship covers tuition fees, accommodation, and a stipend for living expenses for the duration of the student’s course of study. The scholarship is awarded based on academic merit, and candidates are required to undergo a selection process, which includes a test and an interview.
The scholarship program is part of Total’s commitment to supporting education and youth development in Nigeria. It is a highly competitive scholarship, with thousands of students applying each year for the limited number of slots available.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
To be eligible for the Total Scholarship in Nigeria, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Must be a Nigerian citizen.
- Must be a registered full-time undergraduate student in a recognized Nigerian university.
- Must be in their second year of study in a relevant course of study (i.e., Engineering, Geosciences, and other related disciplines).
- Must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 3.5 on a 5-point scale or its equivalent (i.e., a second-class upper).
- Must show proof of SSCE or Equivalent Certificate.
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship award.
Applicants who meet the above requirements can apply for the Total Scholarship program through the official website or any of the approved channels. The application process usually involves filling an online form, uploading supporting documents and completing a computer-based test.