Do you know that great number of people who take watermelon don’t do that because of it sweetness or taste but because it provides high levels of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants and a very small quantity of calories in the body.
So in this article, we are going to outline all the watermelon nutrition and health benefits.
See Also Pineapple Nutrition
All you need to do is to calm down and go through this article, and I assure you of getting the best from it.
Watermelon contains the following quantities of nutrition:
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 13%
Calcium 0% Iron 1%
Vitamin D 0% Vitamin B-6 0%
Cobalamin 0% Magnesium 2%
Sugar 6 g
Total Fat 0.2 g 0%
Cholesterol 0 mg 0%
Sodium 1 mg 0%
Potassium 112 mg 3%
Total Carbohydrate 8 g 2%
Dietary fiber 0.4 g 1%
See Also Disadvantages of Mango
Watermelon Nutrition and Health Benefits
Studies has it that people who consumes good quantity of watermelon are likely not to suffer from the following sicknesses:
1. Heart disease: This is because there is 0% presence of Cholesterol in watermelon. And cholesterol is one of the major causes of heart disease.
2. Blood pressure: The presence of Diets rich in lycopene – found in watermelon can help protect against heart disease or blood pressure related problems.
3. Cancer: This is because the presence of vitamin C in watermelon can help combat the formation of free radicals known to cause cancer.
4. Lack of water in the body (Hydration): This is because of the high presence of water in water melon. Watermelon contains up to 92 percentage of water.
5. Asthma: This is because of the presence of vitamin C in watermelon. This vitamin C lowers the risks of developing asthma in your body.
6. Skin disease: The presence of vitamin A in water melon is required for sebum production, which keeps the hair moisturized. It is also very necessary for the growth of all bodily tissues, including skin and hair.
7. Muscle soreness: This is because of the presence of amino acid L-citrulline in watermelon.
8. Obesity: Increasing consumption of watermelon decreases the risk of obesity
9. Diabetes: Increasing consumption of watermelon decreases the risk of diabetes
10. Inflammation: This is because of the presence of Choline in watermelon. Choline helps to maintain the structure of cellular membranes, aids in the transmission of nerve impulses, assists in the absorption of fat, and reduces chronic inflammation.
See Also Avocado Nutrition
Is this article helpful?
Meanwhile, do remember to share your opinion in the comment box below
And also don’t forget to share this article in your social media platform…
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from WHITENICHE.COM
Follow us on Social Media